What paddling events are there?
09:30 NRS Extreme Race
A mass start down river race will determine who makes it through to the head to head heats. There will be male and female categories. 9ft boat length limit.
Register for the event when you collect your ticket or by visiting the NRS stall by 9.30am on Saturday
13:30 PYRANHA RETRO RODEO KING of the wave
Pyranha are putting a retro rodeo twist to the king of the wave competition.
Sign-up at the Pyranha stall on Saturday.
15:00 palm throwline olympics
Test your throwline skills by taking part in the Palm throwline olympics.
Sign-up at the Palm stall on Saturday.
15:30 &16:00 team raft race
Race down the Upper Tryweryn in a raft in teams of 6 with one of our guides to help steer the raft! Spaces are limited for this event
- Sign-up in teams of 6 participants to guarantee you will be rafting together
- We will allocate you into teams if you are signing-up in smaller groups. We cannot guarantee smaller groups will be rafting together for the race
- You cannot wear your own helmet or buoyancy aid for this event. The centre will issue you with buoyancy aids and helmets for the race
- Lower legs and arms must be covered if wearing your own gear. The centre will provide you with a wetsuit if required
- This event is only available to Tryweryn Festival NGB, Non-member or non-paddling ticket holders (stated on your ticket confirmation email)
- Minimum age is 12 years old, under 18s must have parental consent and will need a parent/guardian to sign them in for the event
- Everyone must be able to swim and under our maximum weight limit of 18st or 115kg
- We reserve the right to remove you from this event if you do not meet the event conditions of participation
coaching workshops with plas y brenin
Plas y Brenin are running coaching workshops over the weekend. £20 extra fee applies.
For more information and to book visit the coaching workshops page
Peak uk on the spot prizes
Peak UK will be giving on the spot prizes throughout the weekend!